Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey Day and Bubby & Zaidy Arrive!

I know it's been a while so here's an update on the past week and a half.

This past Friday was a very, very exciting day for us Kleins. It started off with our rental car being delivered (that's right, we use a car rental place that brings it to our door and picks it up when the rental is over - beat that!). We got the rental for the week because we knew it would facilitate being able to see BUBBY and ZAIDY who are FINALLY here! As soon as we got our car we piled in and headed out to Modiin to see them. I kept telling them how weird it is to be on the other side of the equation watching them walk half-asleep and in a total daze - not really sure what day it is or whose house they are in. They spent shabbat at Gila's and I think managed to catch up on their sleep - and then some.
Then, on Friday night we had our Thanksgiving dinner at Sara's house. And we did it the real way - sweet potato soup, a REALLY BIG turkey masterfully carved by my father-in-law, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pecan pie and lots more. There were also some Israeli-style additions - chumus, schug, deli roll, etc. We had to keep everyone happy. It was a lot of funny and we all really enjoyed our Israeli Thanksgiving. Although, I have to say, I really, really, really missed watching the parade and I also miss walking the streets of NY this time of year and going into the chaos that is Macy's to see it decorated in holiday fare. So for any of you who are there - take pictures for me!
On Sunday, I went with Tani to Modiin in the morning because the plan was to take a train at around 12:30 to a really nice park in Tel Aviv. I figured I would get to Modiin in the morning and let Tani nap at my sister's so by the time we were ready to go, he would be all energized. That was the ORIGINAL plan. It turns out that when Gila picked up the kids from gan, Yaakov's eye looked red and she had to make a doctor's appointment. The soonest appointment they had was 7 p.m. so we decided to just go to a park close by. This actually turned out to be great because I don't think Bubby and Zaidy realized that they wouldn't exactly be over their jet lag by Sunday. And they weren't. We went to a rock park just a few minutes away and Zaidy took Yaakov on a hike while Gila and Ariella explored. Bubby and I stayed with Tani and he was extremely happy playing on the 10 or so rocks by the picnic tables. I have to say that I was very proud watching him climb up and down those rocks with no problem at all. We had some snacks and then headed back to Gila's. We rested/played/made sure Tani didn't color all over the couch for a little while and then at 5:30 Donny came home and we all went out to a great place for dinner. It was a long day and Tani and I finally got home around 8:00, phew!
I decided to take advantage of actually HAVING A CAR for the week and got A LOT of errands done on Monday. Today (Tuesday) I went to Modiin in the morning to have a nice breakfast with Gila, my parents, and Gila's friend Lisa. Then we stopped at a bakery and bought treats and I got to take one home! Yay - I loooove treats!
Tomorrow morning my parents make the long move from Modiin to Bet Shemesh. After they arrive here, I am going with them to spend some time in Yerushalayim and then we have a big BBQ at the Klein's in the evening.

As for how the rest of the week goes, you'll have to check back next week to find out. Although, I'm not thinking about next week because that means facing the reality that Momz and Dadz AREN'T moving in with us until after the baby's born.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, the ending is so sad! nothing worse than a sad leezy, I always say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tani enjoyed playing with rocks, no way! He does have great gross motor skills. ;)I am however a little bit sad that he is taking tiyulim without me.

    ReplyDelete